The event is intended for all who manage and administer municipalities and work in public administration, public and private companies, and those who participate in and monitor the development of municipalities.
It is the only event of this size that is also the culmination of several months’ worth of research work on the development progress of Slovene municipalities within the research project and selection of Zlati kamen (Golden rock). At the event we announce the most developmentally incisive municipalities of Slovenia, discuss the current topics, associated with the event, present good practice and organize a bazaar of local delicacies from all regions of Slovenia.
About the Conference
The annual meeting, which grew into a gathering, is executed in several parts:
- the conference part with the presentation of good practice, lectures and discussions,
- the bazaar of local delicacies that takes place alongside the conference,
- formal announcement of the most developmentally incisive municipalities.
Welcoming Coffee and Registration
The #212challenge & 25 years of diplomatic relations
Sophie Honey, British Ambassador to Slovenia
CREATING FUTURE WITH INVESTMENTS
MAGNA STEYR & investors view**- The biggest foreign greenfield investment in the history of Slovenia
Ana Topolic-Kriechbaum, Direktorica za marketing in komuniciranje Magna Steyr
Investing 25 million euro - YASKAVA ELECTRIC CORPORATION in municipality of Kočevje
More about project
Dr. Vladimir Prebilič, Mayor of Municipality Kočevje
EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK & financial view** - Opportunities for municipalities with a case study example
Peter Jacobs, Head of European Investment Bank (EIB) office in Slovenia
Summarizing the panel: how to develop successfully investments and why are they so crucial for development of Slovenian municipalities and their citizens?
Open discussion with our panelists
BREAKPOINTS FOR SUCCESSFUL DEVELOMENT OF MUNICIPALITIES IN THE FUTURE
GROUP DISCCUSIONS ON GOOD PRACTICES
- Environment and Energy
- Regional Integration
- Entrepreneurship and Investments
Coffee Break and Bazaar of local delicacies
At the doorstep of local elections – from research: What kind of breakthroughs have Slovenian Municipalities done in the past four years and which will be the key factors of success in the future?
Mag. Robert Mulej, Editor and Head of Research Golden Rock, SBR, d. o. o.
ROUND TABLE: HOW WILL THE MUNICIPALITITES ACHIEVE BREAKTHROUGH SUCCESS IN THE FUTURE?
What have we learned in the past years? How will every municipality successfully develop in the future? Where are the obstacles and where opportunities?
- Peter Misja, Mayor of Municipality Podčetrtek, Golden Rock Winner 2017,
- prof. Janez Koželj, Deputy Mayor of City of Ljubljana,
- Andrej Orožen, Executive Director of Dewesoft.
FORMAL ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE MOST DEVELOPMENTALLY INCISIVE MUNICIPALITIES OF 2018
Formal announcement of the most developmentally incisive municipalities of 2018
BAZAAR OF LOCAL DELICACIES
**Presentation will be held in English.
HM Ambassador to Slovenia
Ms Honey joined the FCO in 1999. She has worked on a wide range of issues, most recently leading the
policy team covering Israel, the Occupied Palestinian Territories,
Lebanon, Jordan and the Middle East Peace Process.
Ms Honey joined the FCO in 1999 following a degree in physics and several years in the private sector. She has worked on a wide range of issues, most recently leading the policy team covering Israel, the Occupied Palestinian Territories, Lebanon, Jordan and the Middle East Peace Process.
She has served in Zimbabwe, heading the political team from 2001-04, and Mexico. She has spent most of the last nine years in London working as Private Secretary to the Minister for Europe, on counter-terrorism and the Middle East.
Head of European Investment Bank (EIB) office in Ljubljana
Peter Jacobs has been working for the EIB since 2000. He started as a Senior Loan Officer and Deputy Head of Benelux Division.
Peter Jacobs has been working for the EIB since 2000. He started as a Senior Loan Officer and Deputy Head of Benelux Division in Operations Directorate and focused on debt underwriting across the public, corporate and banking markets in the Benelux. From 2008 to 2011 he worked as the Head of Western Europe Implementation Division. From 2011 to 2016 he headed the Structured and Project Finance Division of Western Europe (IRL, UK, FR, B, NL, Lux). This division has been a leading multi-billion euro underwriter of greenfield transactions in its markets and a prominent contributor to EIB/EFSI in 2015 and 2016. Since November 2016 he is the Head of EIB office in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Bazaar of local delicacies
Within the traditional gathering of mayors and municipalities of Slovenia, the Zlati kamen (Golden rock) conference, we also organize a bazaar of local delicacies. With it we emphasise the local originality and uniqueness of individual regions, towns, municipalities and settlements. Regions, municipalities, tourist centres and other participants present their “local pride”, be it homemade pastries, traditional dishes, wine, beer, domestic food additives, etc.
Below are short videos and foto story from the Conferences in 2017, 2016 and 2015.
Zlati kamen 2017
The project and award
Zlati kamen (Golden rock) is a research project and a selection of the most developmentally incisive municipalities in a certain period. It is also a comprehensive system for promotion and monitoring of the development at the level of local government. Zlati kamen (Golden rock) measures the things that local governments aim at – providing conditions for a good life.
You can learn more about the project on their website: www.zlatikamen.si (only in Slovenian language).
Previously awarded municipalities
|National winner|| |
|Podčetrtek||Ljubljana||Šentrupert||1. Škofja Loka||1. Postojna||1. Idrija|
|Regional winners||2. Ajdovščina||2. Tolmin||2. Šentrupert|
|Cerkno||Nova Gorica||Šempeter-Vrtojba||3. Odranci||3. Lendava||3. Šempeter-Vrtojba|
What does project Zlati kamen (Golden Rock) include?
- ISSO – Information system of Slovene municipalities, comparable with ISSO systems all over the world, consists of a data base with all of the key development indicators for Slovene municipalities.
- Media network Zlati kamen (Golden rock) is designed for the transfer of good practices and main information, important for the development on the local level. You can find it on the site: www.zlatikamen.si.
- Zlati kamen (Golden rock) award is an award for the most developmentally incisive municipalities we give out annually at the conference.
- Golden certificate; certificate can be obtained by those municipalities that in a given year with the total value of the composite index fall into the upper third of all of the Slovene municipalities.
- Regional certificate; certificate can be obtained by those municipalities that in a certain area in a given year with the total value of the composite index fall into the upper third of all of the Slovene municipalities.
- Consulting centre; based on systematic ISSO measurements we developed a tool which can be used by municipalities to strategically plan and measure their development with a range of analytical tools.
Zlati kamen (Golden Rock) magazine
Every year we issue a magazine we distribute to everybody interested in it and also to the participants of the conference. You can find them below (only in Slovenian language).
Want to participate or be our partner?
We encourage organizations and individuals from all over the region and world to join us.
Your contact: +386 31 86 80 86, Saša Mrak, firstname.lastname@example.org